1. Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (2005) Chickpeas: situation and outlook. Bi-weekly bulletin. www.agr.gc.ca/mad-dam/e/bulletine/v14e/v14n03e.htm.
2. Pande, S. Siddique, K.H.M. Kishore, G.K. Bayaa, B. Gaur, P.M. Gowda, C.L.L. Bretag, T.W. amd Crouch, J.H. (2005) Ascochyta blight of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.): a review of biology, pathogenicity, and disease management. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 56,317 ? 322.
3. USDA (2005) GRIN species of Cicer. www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/splist.pl?2600
4. Nguyen, T.T. Taylor P.W.J. Redden, R.J. and Ford, R. (2004) Genetic diversity estimates in Cicer using AFLP analysis. Plant breeding 123, 173-179.
5. Yadav, S.S. Turner, N.C. Meuhlbauer, F.J. Knights, E.J. Redden, B. McNeil, D. Berger, J. and Kumar, J. (2004) Enhancing adaptation of large seeded kabuli chickpea to drought prone environments. 4th International Crop Science Congress, Brisbane.
6. Abbo, S. Berger, J. and Turner, N. (2003b) Evolution of cultivated chickpea: four bottlenecks limit diversity and constrain adaptation. Functional Plant Biology 30, 1081-1087.
7. Abbo, S. Shtienberg, D. Lichtenzveig, J. Lev-Yadun, S. and Gopher, A. (2003a) The chickpea, summer cropping, and a new model for pulse domestication in the ancient near east. The Quarterly review of Biology 78(4), 435-448.
8. Wu, Y. and S. Guy. 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. Northern Idaho Extension Small Grain and Legume Variety Performance Trials. Agricultural Experiment Station Progress Reports 330, 337, and 341. University of Idaho, Moscow, ID.
9. Machado, S., C. Humphreys, B. Tuck, T. Darnell, and M. Corp. 2003. Variety, seeding date, spacing, and seeding rate effects on grain yield and grain size of chickpeas in eastern Oregon. In 2003 Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Center Annual Report, SR 1047, pp. 25?31. Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.
10. Ireula, M. Rubio, J. Cubero, J.I. Gil, J. and Millan, T. (2002) phylogenetic analysis in the genus Cicer and cultivated chickpea using RAPD and ISSR markers. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 104:643-651.
11. Siemens, M.C., M.K. Corp, and R.F. Correa. 2002. Effects of header modifications on garbanzo bean harvesting losses. In 2002 Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Center Annual Report, SR 1040, pp. 37?43. Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.
12. Agricultural Research Update. 1999. MSU Eastern Agricultural Research Center, North Dakota State University, Williston Research Extension Center, Regional Report No. 5.
13. Mahler, R.L. 1999. Northern Idaho Fertilizer Guide. University of Idaho, College of Agriculture. Cooperative Extension System, Agricultural Experiment Station, CIS 826 (revised).
14. Damania,A.B. (1998) Diversity of major cultivated plants domesticated in the Near East. In The Origins of Agriculture and Crop Domestication. ICARDA, Aleppo, Syria (Eds. Damania, A.B., J.Valkoun, G.Willcox and C.O.Qualset), 51-64.
15. Arris,D.R. (1998) The spread of neolithic agriculture from the levant to western Central Asia. In The Origins of Agriculture and Crop Domestication. ICARDA, Aleppo, Syria (Eds. Damania,A.B., J.Valkoun, G.Willcox and C.O.Qualset), 54-64.
16. Ladizinsky, G. (1998) Plant evolution under domestication. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, the Netherlands. Pp.174-176.
17. Diamond, J. (1997) Location, location, location: the first farmers. The American association for the advancement of science 278 (number 5341, issue 14). 1243-1244.
18. Harlan, J. (19710 Agricultural origins: centers and noncenters. Science 174, 468-474.
19. Heun, M. Schafer-pregl, R. Klawan, D. Castagna, R. Accerbi, M. Borghi, B. Salamini, F. (1997) Site of einkorn wheat domestication identified by DNA fingerprinting. Science 278, 1312-1314.
20. Whitford, J. (1997) New clues show where people made the great leap to agriculture.
21. Wright, H.E. (1968) Geological aspects of the archeology in Iraq.
22. Smith,B.D. (1995) Emergence of agriculture. Scientific American Library, series #54, pp231.
23. Wiese, M.V., W.J. Kaiser, L.J. Smith, and F.J. Muehlbauer. 1995. Ascochyta Blight of Chickpea. University of Idaho College of Agriculture, CIS 886 (revised).
24. Kaiser, W.J., F.J. Muehlbauer, and R.M. Hannan. 1994. Experience with Ascochyta blight of chickpea in the United States. In F.J. Muehlbauer and W.J. Kaiser (eds.). Expanding the Production and Use of Cool Season Food Legumes, pp. 849?858. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
25. Harlan, J. (1992) Crops and man. American Society of Agronomy, crop Science Society of America, Madison Wisconsin, USA. , 63-262.
26. Alternative Field Crops Manual. 1992. Chickpea (garbanzo bean). University of Wisconsin Extension; Cooperative Extension, University of Minnesota: Center for Alternative Plant and Animal Products; and the Minnesota Extension Service.
27. Hillman, G.C., Colledge, S.M. and Harris, D.M. (1989) Plant-food economy during the epipaleolithic period at Tell Abu Hureya, Syria: dietary diversity, seasonality, and modes of exploitation. Forages and farming
28. Ladizinsky, G. (1987) Pulse domestication before cultivation. Economic Botany 41(1), 60-65.
29. Murray, G.A., K.D. Kephart, L.E. O?Keeffe, D.L. Auld, and R.H. Callihan. 1987. Dry Pea, Lentil, and Chickpea Production in Northern Idaho. University of Idaho Agricultural Experiment Station Bulletin 664.
30. Pumphrey, F.V., T.R. Toll, and B.L. Klepper. 1985. Edible legume seed yield use. In 1985 Columbia Basin Agricultural Research, SR 738. Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.
31. Smartt, J. (1984) evolution of pulse legumes. 1. Mediterranean pulses. Experimental Agriculture 20, 275-296.
32. Muehlbauer, F.J., R.W. Short, W.J. Kaiser, D.F. Bezdicek, K.J. Morrison, and D.G. Swan. 1982. Description and Culture of Chickpeas. Washington State University Cooperative Extension, EB1112.
33. Moreno, M. and Cubero, J.I. (1978) Variation in Cicer arietinum L.. Euphytica 27, 465-485. New York Times (November 18).
34. Ladizinsky, G. and Adler, A. (1976) The origin of chickpea Cicer arietinum L.. Euphytica 25, 211-217.
35. Hillman, G.C. (1975) The plant remains from Tell Abu Hureya in Syria: a preliminary report. In The excavation of Tell Abu Hureya in Syria: a preliminary report, A.M.T.Moore. Proceedings of the Prehistory Society 41, 70-73.
36. Zohary, D. and Hoft, M. (1973) Domestication of pulses in the old world. Science 182,887-894.
37. Van der Maesen, L.J.G. (1972) Cicer L., a monograph of the genus, with special reference to the chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.), its ecology and distribution. Mendelingen Landbouwhogeschool Wageningen Nederland,1-341.
38. Van Zeist,W. and Bottema, S. (1972) vegetation history of the eastern Mediterranean and the near east during the last 20,000 years. In Paleoclimates, palaenvironments and human communities in the eastern Mediterranean region in later prehistory.